Certification in Mindful Yoga and Meditation
Fill the Well Retreat: The Seven Factors of Awakening
With Anne Cushman, Janice Gates, and Jill Satterfield
Land of Medicine Buddha
June 23 – 29, 2017
Join us for a deep dive into dharma and yoga exclusively for teachers and experienced practitioners of mindful yoga. You’ll replenish your inner resources and develop your teaching skills as you learn specific ways to use your yoga practice to cultivate the Seven Factors of Awakening in your own practice and life–as well as how to share them with your students. You’ll go home refreshed and energized with new skills and content to integrate into your teaching.
In the Buddhist tradition, the seven factors that support awakening are mindfulness, investigation, energy, happiness, calm, concentration, and equanimity. We’ll use them as our home base curriculum as we address issues of particular relevance to yoga teachers.
Topics will include ways to:
- avoid burnout
- keep your teaching creative, juicy and engaging for your students and for yourself
- integrate mindfulness into any style of yoga: strong flow, gentle/restorative and anything in between
- intelligently and effectively sequence your classes
- incorporate meditation into your offerings
- make a living while staying true to your values and vision
- adapt your yoga to different contexts and environments
- design daylongs, retreats, and other in-depth offerings that support your students development
- navigate the complexities of the teacher-student relationship
Part of each day will be held in Noble Silence with guided yoga and meditation sessions to help you go deeper inside. Each day will also include training workshops, discussions, and informal community connection.
For more information contact email@example.com
Registration (coming soon)